Doo doo doo..
I'm really tired right now, since I had a long day at work. To be honest, though, the reason I stayed back was..well. I acted like a bit of a delinquent this afternoon. Mitali, Shubra, Eisha, Hannah and I went out for lunch, and well, it turned into a four hour affair. And it was all my idea. Hehe. Oooppps. No one at work really cared, but I stayed back to placate my guilt, even though I finished my quota for the day at like, 4:30. On the brighter side, it means I'm ahead of my self-imposed schedule. Go me!
Anyway, I just wanted to update people about my job/internship situation, because I'm a lazy sod that doesn't want to send the same e-mail 198 times. Yes, I'm just that popular.
I'm now officially an employee at ICHRL - Deepika told the rest of the unit at a meeting yesterday. That was a pleasant surprise, and also a bit of a relief. I've been handed full responsibility for the training package which is fine - and flattering as hell - but also kinda scary. It just seems like with Prachi gone, CASH is going to fall apart. Snehal and Ujwala do absolutely nothing, and I'm afraid that if I ask for help, it might seem like I'm bossing them around. I shared my reservations about the aunt/niece duo with Deepika, and she smiled and said, "Smart girl. Why do you think we hired you?"
As for Amnesty USA: Also, I'm not responding to the interview call for the NYC internship, since that's the only one I applied to that was for an actual position. Not that I'd get it, but it starts in September, which obviously is too soon. San Francisco and D.C both were fine with me deferring my period of availability to next March; D.C said they'd interview me closer to next year, but San Francisco is interviewing me this Monday. 11:00 A.M PST, which is 11:30 pm IST (Indian Standard Time).
I'm so bloody nervous, I could cry.
Anyway, I just wanted to update people about my job/internship situation, because I'm a lazy sod that doesn't want to send the same e-mail 198 times. Yes, I'm just that popular.
I'm now officially an employee at ICHRL - Deepika told the rest of the unit at a meeting yesterday. That was a pleasant surprise, and also a bit of a relief. I've been handed full responsibility for the training package which is fine - and flattering as hell - but also kinda scary. It just seems like with Prachi gone, CASH is going to fall apart. Snehal and Ujwala do absolutely nothing, and I'm afraid that if I ask for help, it might seem like I'm bossing them around. I shared my reservations about the aunt/niece duo with Deepika, and she smiled and said, "Smart girl. Why do you think we hired you?"
As for Amnesty USA: Also, I'm not responding to the interview call for the NYC internship, since that's the only one I applied to that was for an actual position. Not that I'd get it, but it starts in September, which obviously is too soon. San Francisco and D.C both were fine with me deferring my period of availability to next March; D.C said they'd interview me closer to next year, but San Francisco is interviewing me this Monday. 11:00 A.M PST, which is 11:30 pm IST (Indian Standard Time).
I'm so bloody nervous, I could cry.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home