Man, when it rains, it pours...
Apart from the fact that it rained 37.1 inches in 24 hours on Tuesday, in the span of 12 hours I have been:
1) Offered a job by the directors of ICHRL as Asst. Unit Co-Ordinator of CASH (Campaign Against Sexual Harassment)
2) Shortlisted for a phone interview with Amnesty Intl. San Francisco
3) Shortlisted for a phone interview with Amnesty Intl. NYC for their "Fall Internship Against Violence Against Women" in their research department.
A few days ago, I was also informed that I had been shortlisted for an internship with AI Washington D.C.
Um. Assuming that I get any of these three internships, what the hell do I do? On one hand, making money will be fun. It'll also look pretty good on my CV that after 3 weeks of interning, ICHRL wanted me as a full-time employee. On the other, I could realise my lifelong dream of being involved with Amnesty. And God knows that'll look good for my grad school applications. Plus I'll be a lot closer to a lot of people I love and miss. But there'll be no money involved, and I'm not really sure I can afford that right now...
I have no idea if I should reply to their requests for phone interviews or not, for the simple reason that if I do get the chance to intern for AI, the temptation might be too much to resist...
1) Offered a job by the directors of ICHRL as Asst. Unit Co-Ordinator of CASH (Campaign Against Sexual Harassment)
2) Shortlisted for a phone interview with Amnesty Intl. San Francisco
3) Shortlisted for a phone interview with Amnesty Intl. NYC for their "Fall Internship Against Violence Against Women" in their research department.
A few days ago, I was also informed that I had been shortlisted for an internship with AI Washington D.C.
Um. Assuming that I get any of these three internships, what the hell do I do? On one hand, making money will be fun. It'll also look pretty good on my CV that after 3 weeks of interning, ICHRL wanted me as a full-time employee. On the other, I could realise my lifelong dream of being involved with Amnesty. And God knows that'll look good for my grad school applications. Plus I'll be a lot closer to a lot of people I love and miss. But there'll be no money involved, and I'm not really sure I can afford that right now...
I have no idea if I should reply to their requests for phone interviews or not, for the simple reason that if I do get the chance to intern for AI, the temptation might be too much to resist...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home