Stop me if you think you've heard this one before.

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Listen to the rhythm of the pouring rain...

Today I'm working from home, since I have to research/write up information to use in the pamphlets for the pride march. Apparently my definition of work includes blasting Belle and Sebastian, eating Nutella off a spoon and updating my blog.

I've done pretty well, though, under the circumstances. I woke up at 7, for some unknown reason, and since then I've already completed writing up the Myth/Fact pamphlet, the Heterosexual Privilege List, and the blurb on Section 377. It was a lot harder than I expected, to be honest - I'm so used to my liberal arts, SACOMSS, Queer McGill crew that it feels almost condescending to explicitly define "homophobia" and "heterosexism" and "intersectionality" and all those lovely sociology terms.I still have to document all the cases of violence and suicide among lesbian women from 2003-2005, though. That'll take me all afternoon, I'm sure.

Also, today might be my first meeting for the Bombay Pride march. Right now, though, it's pouring like there's no tomorrow which makes me wonder if they'll even hold the meeting. I hope it isn't cancelled - I'm very excited, but also very intimidated to meet these big, activist-y types whose names keep getting tossed around the office like Caesar's salad. Sometimes I feel silly being token straight girl, but most times, I just get very excited to be around so much passion and activism and acceptance and love and open-mindedness.

If they follow you
Don't look Back
Like Dylan in the Movies...

This album reminds me of walking around Montreal in the snow. And that's a wonderful thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home