Cricket geekiness alert!
Man, I am so excited right now. India just won the third consecutive cricket match against Sri Lanka. Not just any old team but Sri Lanka. I was convinced the match today would be a lost cause - The Indian team is notoriously inconsistent; three consecutive victories would be asking for too much. But holy crap, not only did we win, but we won in style. Sri Lanka made 298, which is a very high score to chase, especially considering that we lost Tendulkar in the first over. I all but gave up right then, expecting the usual domino effect that Tendulkar triggers. Oh, but I was wrong. So so wrong. Dhoni saved the game - it was one of the most responsible, yet brilliantly entertaining knocks I've had the pleasure to watch. He made 183* in 145 balls, of which 10 were sixes, the most sixes to ever be made in one inning by an Indian batsman. He also broke Adam Gilchrist's record of 172 to make the highest score by a wicket keeper.
I'm not really sure why I'm writing this here - perhaps for the benefit of Poochie? I wish you could've seen the match, Poo. It would've done you proud! :)
(Maybe it's just the hair, but Dhoni sort of looks like an Indian Johnny Damon).

I'm not really sure why I'm writing this here - perhaps for the benefit of Poochie? I wish you could've seen the match, Poo. It would've done you proud! :)
(Maybe it's just the hair, but Dhoni sort of looks like an Indian Johnny Damon).


1 Comments:
At 11:21 PM,
Poochie said…
I miss cirket :(
Lowwe you...
Post a Comment
<< Home