Stop me if you think you've heard this one before.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Quick update.

I'm so tired right now, but I just wanted to write a quick update:

1) I didn't go to Delhi after all. Why? Well, due to unforeseen circumstances, the National Consultation organized by our Delhi office was cancelled. When I say "unforeseen circumstances," I mean "painfully predictable inefficiency." But they sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, so it's all okay.

2)I need some outside opinions: Say you met someone through work, and spent 2-3 days working with them on a strictly professional basis. Let's also say that the two of you got along well. Due to a cancelled conference, you're unable to meet said person in another city as planned. You are disappointed, but shrug it off as being part of professional life. On the other hand, this person calls you incessantly to tell you how much they miss you. It's very sweet and all, but is it normal that they re-route their trip exclusively to see you? Moreover, is it normal for them to offer to pay for 2 rooms in a 5 star hotel, apart from meals, transport etc, in your home city so you wouldn't "waste time commuting" so as to "maximize" your time together? Personally I find it a little odd, but I keep chiding myself for being too much of a cynic. Opinions, anyone?

3) I spoke to Rosemary today, and despite the mostly sombre tone of our conversation, it made me really happy. If you're reading this, I love you Rosemary. Thank you for being such an amazing friend.

4)I've gotten strangely obsessed with my feet - After a long day of winding through the streets of Bombay, sun-drenched and polluted, my feet look atrocious. I've gotten into an admittedly hilarious routine of pampering them every night by soaking them in soapy water (perfumed by lemongrass oil, of course!), applying St Ives. Apricot Hands and Foot Scrub and then massaging Burts' Bees yummy-as-all-hell Coconut and Peppermint Foot Cream. My feet are still scarred, calloused and irreversibly tanned, but it really relaxes me, so no one's allowed to laugh.

Good night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home