Steady, going nowhere.
Well. Well. Well.
My workload is getting progressively heavier, and I mean that in the best way possible. It seems like people are willing to hand me a ton of responsibility, even though I've been working here less than a month. For instance, even though I'm working with CASH, I've been asked to co-write the "Communalism and Law" training manual. I've also been asked to initiate the helplines for CASH - (Carly, if you're reading this, I need your help...). Plus, I asked Deepika if it would be feasible to expand the unit so that it would deal not only with harassment at the work place, but also other kinds of sexual violence. She said she was really excited by my suggestion, and we're going to talk about this at the WJI (Women's Justice Initiative) meeting tomorrow.
I've been reading a feminist analysis of the Indian Penal Code in order to familiarize myself with the legal aspects of sexual violence and I think it's going to send me to anger management therapy. For instance:
In case of rape the general principle is that if a man has sexual intercourse with a woman below the age of sixteen years with or without her consent, he is guilty of rape. But if the woman is his wife and above fifteen years of age, the act is not rape (...)
Yeah, we're still stuck in the Victorian age.
In more exciting, less political, equally geeky news: Fiona Apple's Extraordinary Machine is finally going to be released soon! I hear it's going to be totally reworked, though, which makes me sad. I'm not even sure if Brion is producing it this time around. It took a while for the album to grow on me, but now I think it's nothing short of brilliant. Unsurprisingly, the songwriting is stellar, and Jon Brion's production is simply exquisite in its conveyance of anger, hurt and beauty. I really really really hope she doesn't change the title track, Better Version of Me, Please Please Please, Not About Love and Waltz..
"Please please please/ No more remedies /My method is uncertain /It's a mess but it's working"
Man, that just makes me miss Abby.
My workload is getting progressively heavier, and I mean that in the best way possible. It seems like people are willing to hand me a ton of responsibility, even though I've been working here less than a month. For instance, even though I'm working with CASH, I've been asked to co-write the "Communalism and Law" training manual. I've also been asked to initiate the helplines for CASH - (Carly, if you're reading this, I need your help...). Plus, I asked Deepika if it would be feasible to expand the unit so that it would deal not only with harassment at the work place, but also other kinds of sexual violence. She said she was really excited by my suggestion, and we're going to talk about this at the WJI (Women's Justice Initiative) meeting tomorrow.
I've been reading a feminist analysis of the Indian Penal Code in order to familiarize myself with the legal aspects of sexual violence and I think it's going to send me to anger management therapy. For instance:
In case of rape the general principle is that if a man has sexual intercourse with a woman below the age of sixteen years with or without her consent, he is guilty of rape. But if the woman is his wife and above fifteen years of age, the act is not rape (...)
Yeah, we're still stuck in the Victorian age.
In more exciting, less political, equally geeky news: Fiona Apple's Extraordinary Machine is finally going to be released soon! I hear it's going to be totally reworked, though, which makes me sad. I'm not even sure if Brion is producing it this time around. It took a while for the album to grow on me, but now I think it's nothing short of brilliant. Unsurprisingly, the songwriting is stellar, and Jon Brion's production is simply exquisite in its conveyance of anger, hurt and beauty. I really really really hope she doesn't change the title track, Better Version of Me, Please Please Please, Not About Love and Waltz..
"Please please please/ No more remedies /My method is uncertain /It's a mess but it's working"
Man, that just makes me miss Abby.

1 Comments:
At 9:36 PM,
dancing chaos said…
Hi dear... wow... my imind is turning to mush and I'm forgetting all the jargon that fueled me for the past 3 years at the speed of light. Come to think if of it, I can barely speak in sentences composed of over 6 words. I'm so incredibly happy for and envious of you for doing something so noble and productive. Rock on, Aurina!
-steph
Post a Comment
<< Home