Happy Birthday!
To Surabhi, premier nutcase of 5325 L'Esplanade: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Remember breakfast at Cafeteria, the bagels, the fruit, the scarily gorgeous waitresses, all arranged exquisitely? Remember how we yapped with unprecedented ferocity as my parents looked at us in amazement? Remember how my dad said "shut up! you have all year to catch up!" and we giggled because we both knew silently, somehow, that we'd never run out of things to say? Well, that was all only two years ago - to the date - which completely blows my mind. On the one hand, it feels like several moons ago, but on the other, I can't believe that we didn't know each other before 2 years and a day ago.
I hope you have a superfantastic day. Here's to songs about fish, bagels in shoes, motown mania, brown girl dilemmas and warm, enveloping, shrieking hugs. Je t'aime!!!
I hope you have a superfantastic day. Here's to songs about fish, bagels in shoes, motown mania, brown girl dilemmas and warm, enveloping, shrieking hugs. Je t'aime!!!

3 Comments:
At 12:58 PM,
dancing chaos said…
I have no idea who the guy in the second picture is but... but... I guess I shouldn't finish that sentence.
Whatever word I might end up using (cause HOOOOT just wouldn't cut it) would just come across as excessively crass.
Consider yourself blessed, and I hope he's graced with as much soul as he is beauty.
-steph
At 1:36 PM,
Auri said…
hahah. he's just a friend ;)
p.s - please. go ahead. be crass. sometimes there's nothing more flattering than crassness.
At 11:17 PM,
Anonymous said…
THANK YOU AURI!! For the birthday wishes (I knew you'd remember ;) and all the memories ... *sigh, oldness. We just got back yesterday from Michigan, dropping Sohini off for her first year of uni! Oi.
Here's to 5325, bagels, burnt rice, HUGS, Hindi-club, and all the weirdness of this world -
Love,
Surbs
P.S. Come back to us soon :^)
P.P.S. But I guess as long as you're saving the world and having afternoons of indulgence, it's ok.
Post a Comment
<< Home