Twenty-two now but I won't be for long...
Since it's 2 hours past midnight on the 17th here, I guess I am now officially 22. Ugh. I 'm not really sure why birthdays have been so utterly depressing for me the last few years. I'm really hoping that tomorrow (today?) goes off better than my birthday did last year. A lot of people really important to me forgot my birthday, and it upset me a lot more than it should've. I also watched a terribly depressing (but amazing) documentary called "In the Gutter and Other Fine Places" on homeless people that all but ran a train over my heart. To make things even more cheerful, I was, at the time, writing a paper on suicide among queer youth in Canada. That night, exhausted by depressing movies and phones that never rang, I signed up on the FaceBook. Ha. Thank God for Rosemary who cooked me a yummy dinner and gave me comfy PJs and made me laugh hysterically like she always does.
After work tomorrow, Kani and Anam are coming over to hang out for a little while after which we're going to Toto's for drinks with a bunch of people - some old, close friends; others newer, more superficial friends. I'm a little nervous since they're a very eclectic group of people, none of whom really know each other. Toto's has an uncanny knack of decimating inhibitions, though, so that ought to be useful.
I should sleep.
After work tomorrow, Kani and Anam are coming over to hang out for a little while after which we're going to Toto's for drinks with a bunch of people - some old, close friends; others newer, more superficial friends. I'm a little nervous since they're a very eclectic group of people, none of whom really know each other. Toto's has an uncanny knack of decimating inhibitions, though, so that ought to be useful.
I should sleep.

2 Comments:
At 5:07 PM,
dancing chaos said…
bonne fete!
and how is it that you're younger than me?
You amaze me on a daily basis, yo know that?
jeez, stop being so amazing and give us a chance here! :P
love, steph
At 10:52 PM,
ramblingblogger said…
Oh happy birthday!! Don't get trapped in that passing years fatalism - it's the negative aspect of counting things down. Just use it as an excuse to celebrate and be happy when people you love do remember. And use it as an opportunity to review with the aim of learning rather than regretting. Also, eat cake!!
Post a Comment
<< Home