Stop me if you think you've heard this one before.

Friday, December 16, 2005

How long, how long will I slide?

(This post is dedicated exclusively to Sowmya)

Tonight at Toto's, Ramu was there again. The minute I saw him walk in, my heart did a little jump, partly out of genuine excitement, partly because when the door opened, I said to Supu, "Bet that's Ramu!" And it was.

I sent Sowmya the following text:

"Come. Now. So. Hot. Red. Kurta."

A few minutes later, I noticed he had a book in his hand, and when I squinted in the reddish darkness of Toto's, I saw that it was a copy of Catcher in the Rye.

Everyone who knows me knows how crazy I am about this book.

Crazy.

Crazy being an understatement.

Bo once said that I'd know I'd met the man of my dreams if he walked into a room with The Catcher in the Rye in his hand. That would be the worst pick-up line in the history of pseudo-intellectual pick-up lines, but nonetheless, it would've been true.

Seriously. So. Hot.

Needless to say, the crush has been veritably consolidated. I wish I did more than just talk about it though. Sowmya says she doesn't want to unravel the mystery, but I kind of do.

Maybe I should've gone up to him and talked about Holden. Or something. Asking him his name would be a good idea. Would that be too weird? Not that making up a name for him isn't weird.

Anyone have some gumption I can borrow? Advice will do too. But really, I'd pay some good money for some gumption.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:08 AM, Blogger dancing chaos said…

    I'll be honest, I have no clue what gumption is. At this point in time, I feel that if I follow my instincts I will end up send you brown sticky goo by mail.

    My advice: do it. Do It. DO IT.

    make a move, it's so much fun!

    steph

     
  • At 8:53 PM, Blogger Poochie said…

    umm why did he have a book at a bar? Seems a little odd. Seems like he meant to use the book as a conversation striker. Auri, you missed your moment! No worries, next time you see him, I say you march up to him and say hi. Cute guys are rare. Cute guys with red kurtas carrying copies of your favourite books are even mmm.. rarer (is that grammatically correct??) So, go for it!

     
  • At 1:45 PM, Blogger sowmya said…

    my very own soul spirit!! im honoured and touched at the dedication..MWAAH!! what can i say? ramu seems to be ruling our weekends...and the mystery gets deeper and deeper every time we see him. u know my take on this, and i know yours...when will ramu ever come out of the realms of his undeniable mysterious hotness and be real?! holden caulfield is my GOD...how could the best air drummer in totos have known that? how? leching at men has never had so much sound basis!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home