Got Linkin Park in my head...noooo!
For some reason, Toto's tonight was exceptionally good fun. My eyes are still watering, and my hair still smells like stale beer and ashtrays, but Jesus, it was a good time. I did my (in?)famous Stephen Tyler impression and tried out my Thom Yorke impression, which isn't nearly as good as the former, but still made my friends laugh. It might have been all the rum, but I like to pretend that I'm just really ridiculously funny.
Also, they played Coming Back to Life TWICE - we requested it the first time; they played it again at closing time. They also played Comfortably Numb and Wish You Were Here, and all the Floyd was just too much for me to handle without going nuts.
Oh. We got another "note" this evening. It said:
You can join us at Lobby's. [another bar]
- The Guy in Black 981XXXXXXXXX
Needless to say, we laughed and laughed because practically all the guys around were wearing black. It wasn't too hard to know who our secret admirer was, though, since he'd been staring at us all evening anyway. On that note, I really need to stop being chicken and talk to the cute guy already. No seriously, he's almost painfully cute. And always alone. And definitely knows who we are. And if I'm too shy with alcohol in me, that bodes badly for my future.
Also, they played Coming Back to Life TWICE - we requested it the first time; they played it again at closing time. They also played Comfortably Numb and Wish You Were Here, and all the Floyd was just too much for me to handle without going nuts.
Oh. We got another "note" this evening. It said:
You can join us at Lobby's. [another bar]
- The Guy in Black 981XXXXXXXXX
Needless to say, we laughed and laughed because practically all the guys around were wearing black. It wasn't too hard to know who our secret admirer was, though, since he'd been staring at us all evening anyway. On that note, I really need to stop being chicken and talk to the cute guy already. No seriously, he's almost painfully cute. And always alone. And definitely knows who we are. And if I'm too shy with alcohol in me, that bodes badly for my future.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home