Is it getting better or do you feel the same?
It seems like my post below that quoted these lyrics:
"We don't have to be stars exploding in the sky
Or electric eels under the covers
We don't have to be anything quite as unreal
Let's just be lovers..."
...pre-saged the last two days.
Thank you dear God, Fate, Feng Shui and other such dubious factors. I can't believe it's him. The brother of one of my best friends. I was afraid of S's reaction, but she was thrilled, possibly even more so than the two of us. She said she knew exactly what I was going to tell her when I said I needed to talk to her.
Apart from everything else, he even has one of my favourite names. I love saying it; it makes me warm inside each time.
There's something about the locking of lips, twisting of tongues, proud bruises, waking up in someone's arms, deliciously sour morning breath... God. Of course there's something about all those things. Why else would love - not the stupidly intense Hollywoodised version but in its purely physical form - be chronicled, lamented, glorified, envied, coveted in damn place in every damn form?
I wanted this post to be heart-melting and vaguely profound and testament to the amazing intimacy I've been privy to. But every time I think of fingers laced together and scratchy stubble and hands searching for and finding warmth beside them on my bed, my insides go into a state of total disarray and all I can manage are run-on sentences that are a little bit too heady a little bit senseless a little bit corny and a lot inadequate.
2005 just won itself a new highlight, folk.
*Due apologies to my big brother who now knows more than he ever wanted to about his babiest sister.
"We don't have to be stars exploding in the sky
Or electric eels under the covers
We don't have to be anything quite as unreal
Let's just be lovers..."
...pre-saged the last two days.
Thank you dear God, Fate, Feng Shui and other such dubious factors. I can't believe it's him. The brother of one of my best friends. I was afraid of S's reaction, but she was thrilled, possibly even more so than the two of us. She said she knew exactly what I was going to tell her when I said I needed to talk to her.
Apart from everything else, he even has one of my favourite names. I love saying it; it makes me warm inside each time.
There's something about the locking of lips, twisting of tongues, proud bruises, waking up in someone's arms, deliciously sour morning breath... God. Of course there's something about all those things. Why else would love - not the stupidly intense Hollywoodised version but in its purely physical form - be chronicled, lamented, glorified, envied, coveted in damn place in every damn form?
I wanted this post to be heart-melting and vaguely profound and testament to the amazing intimacy I've been privy to. But every time I think of fingers laced together and scratchy stubble and hands searching for and finding warmth beside them on my bed, my insides go into a state of total disarray and all I can manage are run-on sentences that are a little bit too heady a little bit senseless a little bit corny and a lot inadequate.
2005 just won itself a new highlight, folk.
*Due apologies to my big brother who now knows more than he ever wanted to about his babiest sister.

1 Comments:
At 12:41 PM,
sowmya said…
OMIGOD!! I know some of those intimate deatils....and boy are they beautiful!! I'm so happy for you, babe....you know that. This is gorgeous...and although I've lost my only other companion in nunhood after your undoubtedly screamworthy (u know what I mean by that)act...I just hope it gets better and better for you. Fall in love girl, its making your skin glow!!
Post a Comment
<< Home