Hello 2006...
What a perfect way to bid farewell to 2005: A blend of old friends and new, drunken phone calls and sisterly texts, of unsurprising revelry and surprising sobriety. For some reason, though, I was really restless; I came home a few minutes ago, unable to restfully sleep at Sowmya's. Pictures will be uploaded as soon as Auri finds her camera cord, but suffice to say the evening included "I Love You" balloons,picking on Emran Hashmi (or whatever his name is) and valiant attempts to defrost bottles of Kingfisher by trying to seduce them.
As the rickshaw trudged along at 5:30 a.m, something about the alchohol-shrouded morning made me SO glad I wasn't one of those now-dishevelled little-black-dress clad girls, holding on to equally sloshed boys for support. I realised that I am lucky - no, privileged - to have the friends I do, and to be able to have a fantastic evening just doing the seemingly mundane.
Also: Happy Birthday, Anam! You know, despite being such radically different people, the two of us have remained amazingly close for the past 13 years. We've seen each other through a lot of shit; we've laughed and joked and cried and squealed and sang and danced and loved and sighed, and I know that that is never going to stop. I love you, Bunsie, and I honestly don't know what I would do without you...
The problem with my brain is that the bastard is an outrageous stealer of sleep.
-----------
I found the cord! Here are pictures!




As the rickshaw trudged along at 5:30 a.m, something about the alchohol-shrouded morning made me SO glad I wasn't one of those now-dishevelled little-black-dress clad girls, holding on to equally sloshed boys for support. I realised that I am lucky - no, privileged - to have the friends I do, and to be able to have a fantastic evening just doing the seemingly mundane.
Also: Happy Birthday, Anam! You know, despite being such radically different people, the two of us have remained amazingly close for the past 13 years. We've seen each other through a lot of shit; we've laughed and joked and cried and squealed and sang and danced and loved and sighed, and I know that that is never going to stop. I love you, Bunsie, and I honestly don't know what I would do without you...
The problem with my brain is that the bastard is an outrageous stealer of sleep.
-----------
I found the cord! Here are pictures!





1 Comments:
At 12:49 PM,
sowmya said…
Happy new year, my partner in Totos!! I feel so incredibly lucky just thinking of how we've gone from being our common friend's friend..to friends who have the amazing levels of companionship and intimacy we share today.Im SO glad new years eve ended this way...with the people I love the most...and the people who made the end of the year simply AWESOME. Thanks for being part of it, girl!!
Post a Comment
<< Home