Bleeding colour gone to black.
Just got back from dropping Rosemary to the airport. The house feels strangely silent; my bed seems much too big. I have no idea what I'm going to do for those 10 minutes right before I fall asleep - there's no one to talk and laugh and cry and watch "The L Word" with. She was only here for three weeks, but spending time together seemed so impossibly normal that it was strange to think we hadn't seen each other in 8 months. I'm sure she felt differently since she was experiencing an entirely different culture and country, but for me, I tended to forget that she hadn't always been here in India. I'm going to miss her immensely...
That said, both of us were getting quite antsy by the end of it. I think we're both used to being a lot more productive than we've been the last 3 weeks. All we did in Bombay is watch lesbian soap operas and eat hideous amounts of chocolate and talk about sex and drink gin and tonics and loaf around with my friends. While I think we both really needed vacations from the stress that comes with life, we were both really looking forward to getting back on track. I'm really excited about having a routine again even though I'm pretty much idle for another month. Still I have a lot of sorting out to do in my personal and professional life, and now's the ideal time to do it.
Also here are the books I have lined up:
Amitav Ghosh - The Shadow Lines (I started reading this but really hadn't had time to pay enough atttention it, so I might have to restart)
Salman Rushdie - The Ground Beneath Her Feet
John Irving - Widow For One Year.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
So I leave Bombay for Dubai on the 25th March, and I'll be there until the end of April after which I'll go to San Francisco to take LSAT coaching classes after which I'll actually take my LSAT in CA on the 12th of June. Phew. It feels good to have a plan even though it's still a while away.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rosemary and Raghu in Delhi.

Rosemary with the Jagniwas Mandir in the background in Udaipur.

City Palace, Udaipur.

Rosemary and me at the Taj compound with one of the mosques in the background.

L-R: Sowmya, Auri, Rosemary, Supu, Kanika - the debaucherous night at my house before we left on our trip.
That said, both of us were getting quite antsy by the end of it. I think we're both used to being a lot more productive than we've been the last 3 weeks. All we did in Bombay is watch lesbian soap operas and eat hideous amounts of chocolate and talk about sex and drink gin and tonics and loaf around with my friends. While I think we both really needed vacations from the stress that comes with life, we were both really looking forward to getting back on track. I'm really excited about having a routine again even though I'm pretty much idle for another month. Still I have a lot of sorting out to do in my personal and professional life, and now's the ideal time to do it.
Also here are the books I have lined up:
Amitav Ghosh - The Shadow Lines (I started reading this but really hadn't had time to pay enough atttention it, so I might have to restart)
Salman Rushdie - The Ground Beneath Her Feet
John Irving - Widow For One Year.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
So I leave Bombay for Dubai on the 25th March, and I'll be there until the end of April after which I'll go to San Francisco to take LSAT coaching classes after which I'll actually take my LSAT in CA on the 12th of June. Phew. It feels good to have a plan even though it's still a while away.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rosemary and Raghu in Delhi.

Rosemary with the Jagniwas Mandir in the background in Udaipur.

City Palace, Udaipur.

Rosemary and me at the Taj compound with one of the mosques in the background.

L-R: Sowmya, Auri, Rosemary, Supu, Kanika - the debaucherous night at my house before we left on our trip.

1 Comments:
At 6:18 AM,
Anonymous said…
Ohhhh man...
I just got home. And you're right, my trip does feel imaginary. I'm so damn tired. I think I'm going to have to say f* to my malaria pills. I can deal with insomnia no longer.
I miss you! It's crazy. I have a great story about my trip, but I'll have to email it to you later. I have to go entertain my parents. Wooo!
Love you!!
Post a Comment
<< Home