Got my travellin' boots on...
In less than 72 hours, Rosemary will be here. In my living room. Drinking tea with me. Rosemary. Like my best friend from Montreal who lives in New York will be here. In Bombay. India. With me. In my house. When I said, "see you soon" on MSN, I was being quite literal. When I see her at the airport, I'm afraid all rules of decorum shall be unabashedly flouted; I anticipate squealing and manic hugging.
In less than a week, we will be making our way to the North of the country to explore Delhi, Agra and finally Rajasthan. I am SO excited about this trip that I can barely talk about it coherently. Not only is this break much needed, but I'm going with Rosemary. To Rajasthan.
Here's what our itinerary looks like:
27th Jan - Bombay to Delhi by Rajdhani Express (overnight train)
28th Jan - Reach Delhi in the a.m, spend the day and one night there (probably at Raghu's)
29th Jan - Take an early morning train to Agra to see the Taj and other cool stuff. It's only a two hour journey. Spend the night there with my mum's friend FOR FREE!
30th Jan - Take an 8 hour bus to Jaipur where we'll stay at Hotel Umaid Bhawan Spend 30th, 31st, 1st nights there, since we'll be too tired on the 30th to see/do much.
2nd Feb: Take a bus to Ajmer, see stuff. Take another bus to Pushkar which is only 1/2 hour away and spend the night at Hotel New Park.
3rd Feb: Look around Pushkar which is the ultimate tourist town. Spend night in same hotel.
4th Feb: Take bus to Udaipur where we'll stay at Lake Pichola Hotel, and spend 4 nights there since it's the city with the most to see, and also, the 4th will be spent entirely on travelling.
8th Feb: Take either a train or bus back to Bombay - haven't decided which. There are a bunch of luxury buses that are a lot more convenient since there isn't a direct train back to the city.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Rosemary's here until the 17th of February, which gives us a little more than a week to do Bombay. My mind is reeling with the possibilities - film festivals, dinners, chocolate, queer parties, train rides, alcohol, shopping - and I'm trying to write down everything so I don't end up forgetting to take her somewhere really awesome.
Excuse me while I do a little jig of excitement.
In less than a week, we will be making our way to the North of the country to explore Delhi, Agra and finally Rajasthan. I am SO excited about this trip that I can barely talk about it coherently. Not only is this break much needed, but I'm going with Rosemary. To Rajasthan.
Here's what our itinerary looks like:
27th Jan - Bombay to Delhi by Rajdhani Express (overnight train)
28th Jan - Reach Delhi in the a.m, spend the day and one night there (probably at Raghu's)
29th Jan - Take an early morning train to Agra to see the Taj and other cool stuff. It's only a two hour journey. Spend the night there with my mum's friend FOR FREE!
30th Jan - Take an 8 hour bus to Jaipur where we'll stay at Hotel Umaid Bhawan Spend 30th, 31st, 1st nights there, since we'll be too tired on the 30th to see/do much.
2nd Feb: Take a bus to Ajmer, see stuff. Take another bus to Pushkar which is only 1/2 hour away and spend the night at Hotel New Park.
3rd Feb: Look around Pushkar which is the ultimate tourist town. Spend night in same hotel.
4th Feb: Take bus to Udaipur where we'll stay at Lake Pichola Hotel, and spend 4 nights there since it's the city with the most to see, and also, the 4th will be spent entirely on travelling.
8th Feb: Take either a train or bus back to Bombay - haven't decided which. There are a bunch of luxury buses that are a lot more convenient since there isn't a direct train back to the city.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Rosemary's here until the 17th of February, which gives us a little more than a week to do Bombay. My mind is reeling with the possibilities - film festivals, dinners, chocolate, queer parties, train rides, alcohol, shopping - and I'm trying to write down everything so I don't end up forgetting to take her somewhere really awesome.
Excuse me while I do a little jig of excitement.

2 Comments:
At 9:26 PM,
Anonymous said…
hey babe! i'm so glad to hear your surgery went off well, and hi rosemary! i owe you a ridiculously long email, it will come! in the meantime, here are a couple "la la la's!" and bagels!
love, surbs
At 4:08 AM,
dancing chaos said…
Oh man - Rosemary!
wow... give her a hug for me, and have a GREAT time! wish I was a little bird on your shoulder[s]!
Post a Comment
<< Home