Birthday Wishes and other things.
Happy Birthday,Steph!!!! I still remember the last time I saw you. I was on my way to the Centre to draft a press release, and you were walking with a very harrowed expression on your face. Turns it out it was the day of your Arabic final. I suppose that was almost exactly a year ago. We hugged each other goodbye and promised to keep in touch. I guess we have to thank the Blogosphere for facilitating that, huh? Have a fabulous day, and I hope your year ahead is filled with sunshine and love and music and laughter.
-------------------------------------------------
Okay, so apparently I don't pay enough attention to songs I've heard 3456 times. A few days ago, I was listening the The clash's "London Calling," and I realised that Garbage's "Stupid Girl" uses a sample from "Train in Vain." How did I not realise this earlier?!
I also realised that the chorus of David Bowie's "Starman" sounds uncannily like "Somewhere Over the Rainbow." No, really! Hum it. "There's a starman waiting in the sky..." and now hum, "somewhere over the rainbow..."
See?!
----------------------------------------------------
I leave for the U.S in exactly 10 days. I'm really excited, but I'm not really looking forward to studying for/taking the LSATs. Ick. Why do I want to go to law school again?
I am, however, very excited about my trip to the East. So far, I know that I'm definitely seeing Rosemary, Surabhi, Abby, Jenny, Poochie and Mitali (see, I DO love you!). I might also see Callie, Andy, Rachael and Alex which, if all works out, would make me a terribly happy camper. I need to work on writing e-mails and planning stuff.
I've been so severely deprived of friends since I've been in Dubai that I think I might jump on them all. AHHHHH. Okay. Must. Calm. Down.
-------------------------------------------------
Okay, so apparently I don't pay enough attention to songs I've heard 3456 times. A few days ago, I was listening the The clash's "London Calling," and I realised that Garbage's "Stupid Girl" uses a sample from "Train in Vain." How did I not realise this earlier?!
I also realised that the chorus of David Bowie's "Starman" sounds uncannily like "Somewhere Over the Rainbow." No, really! Hum it. "There's a starman waiting in the sky..." and now hum, "somewhere over the rainbow..."
See?!
----------------------------------------------------
I leave for the U.S in exactly 10 days. I'm really excited, but I'm not really looking forward to studying for/taking the LSATs. Ick. Why do I want to go to law school again?
I am, however, very excited about my trip to the East. So far, I know that I'm definitely seeing Rosemary, Surabhi, Abby, Jenny, Poochie and Mitali (see, I DO love you!). I might also see Callie, Andy, Rachael and Alex which, if all works out, would make me a terribly happy camper. I need to work on writing e-mails and planning stuff.
I've been so severely deprived of friends since I've been in Dubai that I think I might jump on them all. AHHHHH. Okay. Must. Calm. Down.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home