Oh, for the sake of momentum....
I'm too lazy to construct paragraphs that segue into each other seamlessly, so I'm doing this post in bullet points.
~ I got a much needed haircut yesterday. I was really enjoying having below-bra length hair but I desperately needed to get it trimmed and styled. So yesterday, after a very long time, I put my hair in the hands of someone who wasn't Connie. I told the stylist about a million times - politely and with trepidation - that I didn't want to compromise on length. She nodded wordlessly and went about her job with reassuring dexterity. 20-odd minutes later, my hair didn't look too much shorter but I had a lot more layers, each of which she curled at the ends. Everyone seems to think it looks really good - my family would never lie to me, right? Right? No, seriously, it looks hot. I love it.
~ I'm getting really bored of my nose stud. I'm thinking about reverting to a ring. This is me in a stud; this is me in a ring. Not much difference, I know, but I need the change.
~ I went shopping yesterday and it depressed the hell out of me. I really need a nice pair of jeans. You know the kind that look good with a sexy black top for a night out? Well apparently it is essential that I look like a clothes hanger with legs coming out of my armpit to be able to find even decent - forget about dressy - jeans. And really, these ass-grazingly low-waisted jeans don't do me any favours because I have a little tummy that looks like a really huge tummy in them. I'm also a big fan of underwear, as the name begs, remaining under my clothes.
This is possibly the most vapid post in the history of vapid blog posts. Maybe my next post will be about Nietzsche and Deleuze so that I can redeem myself.
~ I got a much needed haircut yesterday. I was really enjoying having below-bra length hair but I desperately needed to get it trimmed and styled. So yesterday, after a very long time, I put my hair in the hands of someone who wasn't Connie. I told the stylist about a million times - politely and with trepidation - that I didn't want to compromise on length. She nodded wordlessly and went about her job with reassuring dexterity. 20-odd minutes later, my hair didn't look too much shorter but I had a lot more layers, each of which she curled at the ends. Everyone seems to think it looks really good - my family would never lie to me, right? Right? No, seriously, it looks hot. I love it.
~ I'm getting really bored of my nose stud. I'm thinking about reverting to a ring. This is me in a stud; this is me in a ring. Not much difference, I know, but I need the change.
~ I went shopping yesterday and it depressed the hell out of me. I really need a nice pair of jeans. You know the kind that look good with a sexy black top for a night out? Well apparently it is essential that I look like a clothes hanger with legs coming out of my armpit to be able to find even decent - forget about dressy - jeans. And really, these ass-grazingly low-waisted jeans don't do me any favours because I have a little tummy that looks like a really huge tummy in them. I'm also a big fan of underwear, as the name begs, remaining under my clothes.
This is possibly the most vapid post in the history of vapid blog posts. Maybe my next post will be about Nietzsche and Deleuze so that I can redeem myself.

2 Comments:
At 3:44 PM,
Anonymous said…
aurina, you have to do this. ask around if anyone you know is aware of a place in sharjah that exports stuff to gap, old navy, etc. you have to go there. it's the coolest. else, for people who don't look like breadsticks, the good places are hang ten for casuals or nine west or river island. wait for the sales, though!
At 2:17 AM,
Auri said…
@carly: i'm going to be in NYC, Boston and Philly this summer. i was going to do montreal too - you know how badly i want to - but stupid visa issues prohibit me from doing so. but if you're in any of those three cities at the end of june, i would LOVE to see you. come play with rosemary and me!!! we can talk about sex and elliott, just like the old days :)
@chinmayee: you're like my personal guide to dubai. i love it! i will definitely find out about this sharjah place. and i saw an amazing pair of jeans in river island - apart from the fact that they were 37285000 dirhams, they just didn't look right on me. short women like to wear nice-fitting jeans too!! :( i need to hit the "petite" section of topshop, methinks.
Post a Comment
<< Home