Stop me if you think you've heard this one before.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

What if this is as good as it gets?

3 a.m. Sunday. Borrowed jeep. Backseat. Head on lap. Legs stretched to a point and then curled. Movie. 100th time. Semi-drunken quotes.

I might be the only person on the face of the earth that knows you're the greatest woman on earth.


Bandra Reclamation flyover. Sea breeze. Delinquent hair. Warmth of love. Or maybe just rum. Tongue in ear. Momentarily.


I might be the only one who appreciates how amazing you are in every single thing that you do

Home. Revelry. Perfect performance. Tequila salt. Bonding with strangers. 6:00 a.m good-byes.

in every single thought that you have,

Dark bedroom. Sudden tranformation. Twisting arms. Accusations. Eff. Tears. Off. Melting. Frantic. Almost. Intimate. Dawn. Ashtrays. Tears. Tears. Tears.

and how you say what you mean, and how you almost always mean something that's all about being straight and good.

Afternoon. John Irving. Opened eyes. Entwined limbs. Cooed apologies. Verbal love notes. Explanations. Excuses. Hurt. Balm.

I think most people miss that about you, and I watch them, wondering how they can watch you bring their food, and clear their tables and never get that they just met the greatest woman alive.


Pleas buried in neck. Confessions. Two-sided hurt. Clothes like burnt skin. Beautiful confusion. Incomplete. Farewells. I promise. Movie. Again. Remember the part when....?

And the fact that I get it makes me feel good, about me.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:25 AM, Blogger dancing chaos said…

    Auri - admitedly, I read this from my perspective and likely misinterpreted it all.

    You are beautiful, and I love you.

    thanks, steph

    [oh, and my b-day is on the 23rd - no harm done!]

     
  • At 1:06 AM, Blogger Auri said…

    @steph: thank you. i'm curious to know how you interpreted it, though. here's what i was writing about: someone being unable to cope with the pain of someone else leaving, lashing out drunkenly, viciously, hurtfully but even through that, letting a certain amount of vulnerability shine through. and that vulnerability being the basis for the subsequent forgiveness.

    @carly: thanks carly. yes i do have pain to write about, but it all sounds so trite and emo and self-indugelent. sigh. that's what blogs are for, right?

    hugs to both you lovelies.

     
  • At 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    this is one of the nicest films ever. and your writing made me want to cry, in a good way!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home