I thought it was a bird, but it was just a paper bag.
What a couple of weeks it has been. I feel like I've had no time to myself, no time to just sit, think and sort myself out. I think my inability to just come to terms with certain things was fueled by this lack of rumination time. The most I've had was the 34 minute train ride from VT to Bandra, sobbing on the phone to Anam, and then my mum. The first class Ladies' compartment was empty when I boarded the train, but then a woman came in at Dockyard. By then, I was in such a state of emotional bewilderment that I didn't really care that she was intently listening to every word staggering on the edge of my lips. Like I said to Anam later, at least she'd have an interesting dinner conversation with her husband that night. It's the least I can do for my fellow passengers.
Apart from its unabashed sleep thievery, the prodigal lifestyle of the past 2 weeks must also end due to pecuniary concerns. To top off the expenses of restaurant-and-bar-hopping, I also bought two new kurtas from FabIndia yesterday. I've only recently re-discovered my attraction to kurtas, and have been having a hard time remembering why I'd spurned them the way I did. In any case, while the past twelve days might not altogether be my speed, I cannot deny that they were the most fun I've ever had in Bombay. I never expected to meet so many new people here, I never expected to be babysitting really sweet Swedes, or to be living with a Belgian student from La Sorbonne. This sounds strange to say, but I'm beginning to miss Montreal less, and beginning to appreciate Bombay a whole lot more.
In other news, I've made a really uncharacteristic decision - I'm going to law school. Someone save me from the nefarious clutches of pragmatism, please!
(I'm listening to "Paper Bag" - one of my all-time favourite songs - and it's hitting so close to home, I have to end this post).
Apart from its unabashed sleep thievery, the prodigal lifestyle of the past 2 weeks must also end due to pecuniary concerns. To top off the expenses of restaurant-and-bar-hopping, I also bought two new kurtas from FabIndia yesterday. I've only recently re-discovered my attraction to kurtas, and have been having a hard time remembering why I'd spurned them the way I did. In any case, while the past twelve days might not altogether be my speed, I cannot deny that they were the most fun I've ever had in Bombay. I never expected to meet so many new people here, I never expected to be babysitting really sweet Swedes, or to be living with a Belgian student from La Sorbonne. This sounds strange to say, but I'm beginning to miss Montreal less, and beginning to appreciate Bombay a whole lot more.
In other news, I've made a really uncharacteristic decision - I'm going to law school. Someone save me from the nefarious clutches of pragmatism, please!
(I'm listening to "Paper Bag" - one of my all-time favourite songs - and it's hitting so close to home, I have to end this post).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home