Timeline!
18:25: Leave Work
7:25: Meet Aditya for a quick Iced Tea at Pot Pourri
8:00: Home, food, ice-cream, showers.
10:00: Raghu comes over and has his share of food and ice-cream
10:35: Leave for V Lounge
11:00: After a ride with a highly inefficient rickshaw driver, we finally arrive. At the door we are asked if we have reservations. We say we don't, and we are led into a large lounge with 4 people.
11:20: Get drinks. Make a wise decision to leave for some place busier.
12:15: Reach Zenzi. Congratulate ourselves on this decision. Run into Georgie and Meenu, which is tres exciting. Get 2 drinks each.
1:00: A waiter whispers into my ear that he'd like to buy me a drink. I decline, and later regret this decision.
1:30: Get another drink, and take silly pictures.
2:00: Cops shut us down, so we move to Janata. Get take-away Biryani and Chicken Tikkas, and go over to R's house.
2:20: Reach house, giggle at the watchman who evidently believes Raghu's the man for bringing home two women to his empty apartment at this hour.
2:30: Gorge on the food, and finish off the remaining half of a gin bottle. Incidentally, this is around the same time we think wearing onions as glasses are hilarious. Make some stupid jokes about "glass onions." Hahaha. Yeah. Anyway.
3:10: Raghu's Swedish guests arrive. We tell them where to go shopping.
3:30: Swedish guests go to bed in their underwear and we think this is funny.
4:00: Delphine and I decide to go home.
4:15: Halfway home in the rickshaw, I discover I have the wrong keys. Turn back to Raghu's apartment.
4:30: Watchman eyes us suspiciously as we make our way back to the love-nest.
4:35: Bleary-eyed eye boy opens the door to two very sheepish girls.
5:15: Finally fall asleep after some idle chit-chat.
7:15: I wake up 45 minutes ahead of my phone alarm to the calming wafts of sea breeze.
7:20: Find scrap paper and a pen, and scribble a note to our sleeping host to thank him. Fold the sheets, put away pillows, wake up Delphine who says, "But I'm so fucking DRUNK!"
7:35: Watchman eyes us suspiciously as we get out of the love-nest.
8:00: Get home, walk down the slope in decidedly inappropriate clothes for the hour while school children point and giggle, shower, eat breakfast, drink copious amounts of water.
8:45: Update blog.
------------------
Coming up!
9:16: Train to work
11:00-14:00: Facilitating a training on Sexual Violence with Guru Nanak College Students in King's Circle
15:00-4:00- Meeting with Sneha
17:30-19:30 - Press Conference on the Bombay Flood Situation at Yacht Club
-------------------------------------
I'm not sure whether this was the best or worst day of 2005 so far.
7:25: Meet Aditya for a quick Iced Tea at Pot Pourri
8:00: Home, food, ice-cream, showers.
10:00: Raghu comes over and has his share of food and ice-cream
10:35: Leave for V Lounge
11:00: After a ride with a highly inefficient rickshaw driver, we finally arrive. At the door we are asked if we have reservations. We say we don't, and we are led into a large lounge with 4 people.
11:20: Get drinks. Make a wise decision to leave for some place busier.
12:15: Reach Zenzi. Congratulate ourselves on this decision. Run into Georgie and Meenu, which is tres exciting. Get 2 drinks each.
1:00: A waiter whispers into my ear that he'd like to buy me a drink. I decline, and later regret this decision.
1:30: Get another drink, and take silly pictures.
2:00: Cops shut us down, so we move to Janata. Get take-away Biryani and Chicken Tikkas, and go over to R's house.
2:20: Reach house, giggle at the watchman who evidently believes Raghu's the man for bringing home two women to his empty apartment at this hour.
2:30: Gorge on the food, and finish off the remaining half of a gin bottle. Incidentally, this is around the same time we think wearing onions as glasses are hilarious. Make some stupid jokes about "glass onions." Hahaha. Yeah. Anyway.
3:10: Raghu's Swedish guests arrive. We tell them where to go shopping.
3:30: Swedish guests go to bed in their underwear and we think this is funny.
4:00: Delphine and I decide to go home.
4:15: Halfway home in the rickshaw, I discover I have the wrong keys. Turn back to Raghu's apartment.
4:30: Watchman eyes us suspiciously as we make our way back to the love-nest.
4:35: Bleary-eyed eye boy opens the door to two very sheepish girls.
5:15: Finally fall asleep after some idle chit-chat.
7:15: I wake up 45 minutes ahead of my phone alarm to the calming wafts of sea breeze.
7:20: Find scrap paper and a pen, and scribble a note to our sleeping host to thank him. Fold the sheets, put away pillows, wake up Delphine who says, "But I'm so fucking DRUNK!"
7:35: Watchman eyes us suspiciously as we get out of the love-nest.
8:00: Get home, walk down the slope in decidedly inappropriate clothes for the hour while school children point and giggle, shower, eat breakfast, drink copious amounts of water.
8:45: Update blog.
------------------
Coming up!
9:16: Train to work
11:00-14:00: Facilitating a training on Sexual Violence with Guru Nanak College Students in King's Circle
15:00-4:00- Meeting with Sneha
17:30-19:30 - Press Conference on the Bombay Flood Situation at Yacht Club
-------------------------------------
I'm not sure whether this was the best or worst day of 2005 so far.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home