Who wants to join my pity party?
For the second time in 2 weeks, I'm down with the flu. It's like Delphine and I are playing flu tag - I got it last week and gave it to her, and now I've contracted it again and this evening, she started complaining of a body ache and itchy throat. It'd be quite amusing if it didn't involve blocked sinuses and throbbing headaches. Also I'm still suffering from a bruised heart, and the more I think about it, the more it hurts. I've been keeping myself inordinately busy at work so I don't have much time to mull over silly boy-situations. But the busier I am, the more stressed I get. And of course, More Stress = Lower Immunity = More Time To Think About Achy-Breaky Hearts.
Sometimes I wish I had a fairy godmother.
Sometimes I wish I had a fairy godmother.

3 Comments:
At 10:01 PM,
Anonymous said…
auri: it was lovely to talk to you today. i hope you feel better soon. i'm sending you a virtual bowl of (gluten free) chicken noodle soup or whateve other comfort food you'd like that's perhaps less eurocentric. haha! anyway, sign me up for the club.
xoxo
zhaleh
At 10:59 PM,
Anonymous said…
"More Stress = Lower Immunity = More Time To Think About Achy-Breaky Hearts"
you said it girl! count me in as Member #3.
i've been repeatedly sick myself, and somehow, it made me feel a whole lot better to hear asya say, "when i'm sick, i get totally depressed - that's it, life's over" ... or something like that.
mwah! and hugs,
surbs
At 1:44 AM,
Auri said…
thanks girls. i miss you both endlessly.
zhaleh: unfortunately, i don't have the privilege lists with me. check online - you might just find it. or find someone who's taken a class with kimberley ducey. maybe louise? it was part of her anti-oppression dictionary thingy. oh, and thanks for remembering my wheat allergy :)
surabhi: aw! why've you been sick? what's wrong? i hope you're mostly okay. any plans to head towards your mother's land? (as opposed to "your motherland", 'cause we know those are totally different!) come stay with me in bombay for a while! and say hi to asya for me!
Post a Comment
<< Home