Birthdays can be fun!
Monkeylovin' dry days!!!!!! Yes, all our elaborate plans to go to Toto's were foiled by the fucking elections. This is the second time in a week this has happened to us - not only that, but tomorrow and day after are dry days too. For those who aren't acquainted with "dry days," it's a state imposed day where you're not supposed to consume alcohol. It's stupid and not very secular and a lot of other things, but seriously, what the hell do elections have to do with alcohol? There are some things about my country that I will never understand. I was really upset, but we ended up having a good time anyway. We went to Mocha instead. I hate Mocha. Like a lot. I was also seriously overdressed. But it was a ton of fun 'cause my friends are amazing and beautiful, which makes for some awesome pictures.
Birthday Booty:
Parents: A new DVD player, the gorgeous necklace in the 2nd picture (that's the only reason I posted that picture), the cutest sandals in the world, a new skirt
Snehal: Two pairs of earrings...I nearly cried when she gave them to me. I wasn't expecting anything.
Meenu/Georgie: A BEAUTIFUL pair of silver earrings with turquoise. So gorgeous.
Shruti: A set of handmade coasters with Warli work on it. So so pretty.
The kids: a Jhola which is totally made for me, and a huuuge box of Ferroro Rocher. Mmm.
Also: Thank you to EVERYONE who wished me on here, through e-mail, facebook, MSN, phone calls, texts. This is the best birthday I've had in a while.

With Shruti.

Isn't that necklace beautiful?

Cutting the cake that for some reason isn't in the picture.

Auri, Kanika, Anam - Best friends since 1993.

All of us watching the "magician." Hahaha.

Kani and I.
Birthday Booty:
Parents: A new DVD player, the gorgeous necklace in the 2nd picture (that's the only reason I posted that picture), the cutest sandals in the world, a new skirt
Snehal: Two pairs of earrings...I nearly cried when she gave them to me. I wasn't expecting anything.
Meenu/Georgie: A BEAUTIFUL pair of silver earrings with turquoise. So gorgeous.
Shruti: A set of handmade coasters with Warli work on it. So so pretty.
The kids: a Jhola which is totally made for me, and a huuuge box of Ferroro Rocher. Mmm.
Also: Thank you to EVERYONE who wished me on here, through e-mail, facebook, MSN, phone calls, texts. This is the best birthday I've had in a while.

With Shruti.

Isn't that necklace beautiful?

Cutting the cake that for some reason isn't in the picture.

Auri, Kanika, Anam - Best friends since 1993.

All of us watching the "magician." Hahaha.

Kani and I.

3 Comments:
At 1:12 AM,
Anonymous said…
you are absolutely beautiful! and i'm so glad you had a wonderful birthday. can we re-celebrate both our birthdays when i'm in bombay? because i really think we should. :)
all i've done this week is celebrate birthday...i wish i could celebrate yours a bit with you. unfortunately...i think your's might even be over by now when i'm sending this. :(
i wish i could give you a huge hug!! unfortunately some ocean and other you know...land...is in the way.
soon to be remedied!
love you!!!
p.s. 22 is exciting! (i hope?)
At 2:18 AM,
Anonymous said…
i love your blog, cause it makes me feel like i was there, and you are here :)
happy bday again, oooooolldie.
At 2:27 AM,
Auri said…
rosemary: of course we'll re-celebrate! and then some ;) thanks so much. only 2 more months...
surbs: remember when anam, you and me ate cake in montreal? that was awesome. thanks for the card, btw. i laughed really loudly in office at the bit about "stockings around ankles" and had to explain the (not drunken, dammit!) story to my friends.
Post a Comment
<< Home